Muffins may not be a very sophisticated form of baking but they certainly tick the box as an effective mood booster, quick breakfast or a reasonably healthy snack. Is this not enough reasons to start preheating the oven?
This recipe for classic blueberry muffins comes from Gwyneth’s Notes from my kitchen table. Perfect recipe if you don’t like your muffins very sweet, but if you do, be a little more generous with the sugar.
- 125g unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 2 eggs
- 125ml milk
- 225g plain flour
- 175 g caster sugar (200-220 g for a tad sweeter result) + teaspoon of sugar for sprinkling
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp fine salt
- 300g fresh blueberries
1. Preheat the oven to 190C degrees
2. Whisk the butter, eggs and milk together in a bowl
3. In another bowl mix together flour, sugar and salt
4. Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and then gently fold in the blueberries
5. Divide the mixture between paper cases and sprinkle the muffins with sugar
6. Bake around 30 minutes and enjoy warm!