Jamie Oliver’s shows encouraged me to stop treating my oven as an extra storage space and start paying little bit more attention to what I’ve got on my plate. I like how he combines flavours and puts together simple ingredients for a great tasting result. So far I only have his latestest book – Jamie’s 15 minute meals but I am quite tempted to get the 30 minute meals one and the much praised Jamie’s Italy.
I was under no illusion that the meals in the book really take 15 minutes from opening the fridge to landing on the table (recipe below took me just under 30 omies) but still, it was quick and simple. What I like best!
Last night I tried another of Jamie’s 15′s recipes- Spicy Cajun Chicken, sweet potato and fresh corn salsa and yes, it was damn good!
Spicy Cajun Chicken, sweet potato and fresh corn salsa
Ingredients (2 portions)
- 1 canned corn (Jamie uses fresh)
- 1 fresh red chilli
- 4 spring onions
- 3 tomatoes
- 2 limes
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
Sweet potato mash
- 3-4 sweet potatoes
- 2 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 tbsp Cajun seasoning
- olive oil
- 20g feta cheese
- Boil the peeled potatoes.
- Toss the chicken with salt and Cajun spice, flatten to 1.5cm
- Fry the chicken with some olive oil , turning once until cooked on each side (around 4 minutes)
- Drain potatoes, add sweet chilli sauce and roughly mash together
- Make salsa – in a bowl mix together corn, chopped chilli, spring onion, juice from two limes. Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil and season to taste
- Crumble feta over chicken, serve on a bed of sweet potato mash, with corn salsa on a side