Grilled asparagus, cherry tomatoes and fried egg with a crunchy baguette. One of the lightest, quickest and simplest lunches (brunches?) I could think of. Grilling brings out that sweet nuttiness in the asparagus you would never have if you boiled them. If I didn’t try grilling the asparagus, I would always see it as this boring, tasteless greens! And if you have not fallen in love with the roasted tomatoes yet, you will now!
- cherry tomatoes
- olive oil
- coarse sea salt
- coarse freshly ground pepper
How to do it
- Preheat your grill/oven, slice tomatoes in half, chop off the dry part of asparagus stalks and place on a baking paper
- Drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle quite generously with coarse sea slat and freshly ground pepper
- Grill vegetables (don’t worry if you down have a fancy grill – just put your baking tray up in the oven, much closer to the top than you normally would) for 15-20 mins at 180c
- In the meantime, fry egg on some olive oil to your liking
- Enjoy with some bread!