so…welcome back after an embarrassingly long break! Finally I was able to catch a breath and instead of having a usual instant porridge in a rush, I enjoyed a perfect lazy breakfast – American pancakes with maple syrup and fresh raspberries.
I have seen at least a dozen different recipes for these little treats. Some of them even require making the pancake batter beforehand to rest overnight in the fridge – that’s very organised and probably worth doing, but I like things quick.
So what’s so special about this recipe? It’s a real foolproof, for a still-half-asleep-cook!
American breakfast pancakes
- 1 egg
- 1 cup of self-raising flour
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 tbsp sugar
- few drops of vanilla extract
- + maple syrup to serve
- Whisk all the ingredients together in a bowl until smooth
- Warm up a non-stick frying pan on a medium heat and using a tablespoon pour the batter onto the frying pan, formulating individual pancakes
- Turn when you start seeing the little bubbles, fry for a little longer and enjoy