I can’t believe I have not made this dessert before! Deliciously creamy and dead easy to make – vanilla panna cotta – another real classic Italian treat made of cream, milk and vanilla beans. Truly great with sharp summer fruit but probably not your best friend when watching calories!
Vanilla panna cotta
- 75ml milk
- 425ml double cream
- 50g caster sugar
- vanilla pod
- 2 gelatin leafs/ 2 tsp powdered gelatin
- Dissolve gelatin in a cup hot water
- Heat milk, cream and sugar in the small pan on a low heat. Cut vanilla pod in half, scrape out the beans and add the empty vanilla pod and seeds to the pot. Stir occasionally and take from the hob when it has come very close to boiling.
- Add gelatin in to the mixture. Mix well.
- Pour the mix in to small ramekins. Cover with foil and chill in the fridge overnight.
- To take the panna cotta out of the ramekin put the dish into the hot water for a few seconds.
- Serve with sharp summer fruit (raspberries, blackberries or blueberries