I love good food quickly and this is what Hawaiian BBQ Chicken Taquitos recipe is all about. I promise! In just over 30 minutes you can see for yourself.
I stumbled upon this recipe earlier today when I was looking for a quick dinner idea that turns simple ingredients into a delicious meal. And I have discovered a great flavour combination in the process – sweet and juicy pineapple and smokey bbq. It may not sound like an obvious match, but let me tell you, it was one tasty surprise!
Hawaiian BBQ Chicken Taquitos
Ingredients (2 portions)
- olive oil
- 1 red onion
- 1 cup chicken breast (250-300g, diced)
- 3/4 cup pineapple chunks
- 1/2 cup grated cheese
- 1/3 cup barbecue sauce + extra for dipping
- salt, pepper
- tortilla wraps
- greek yoghurt + Worcester sauce for dipping
- Warm up some olive oil in a pan, finely slice onion and caramelise it by cooking for 15 minutes on a low heat
- In the meantime preheat your oven to 180-200c
- In a separate pan season chicken breast with salt and pepper, fry until golden
- Combine caramelised onion, chicken, cheese, pineapple, bbq sauce, salt and pepper in a bowl, mix well
- Spread the filling between between wraps, spread on each tortilla and roll tightly
- Place on the baking tray lined with greaseproof paper and bake for 15 minutes, until crispy and golden
- Mix yoghurt with some Worcester sauce and use extra bbq sauce for dipping
- Serve hot!